- Ted Kennedy tried to slip an amendment into an unrelated Coast Guard bill to kill a proposed windmill farm at Cape Cod, where the Kennedy's own an estate. Apparently, the wind turbines would ruin the view.
- Barbara Streisand has a massive oceanside mansion in Malibu, and is said to drive an SUV.
- Arianna Huffington was chauffeured from a Sierra Club national summit in a Chevrolet Suburban
- Gwyneth Paltrow, according to a neighbor, drives a Mercedes SUV.
- In addition to their Priuses, Chevy Chase and family own an SUV which they use to tow a horse trailer.
- Michael Moore traveled in a private jet when traveling on a book tour.
- And of course, there is John Kerry's Scaramouche powerboat, as well as his SUV collection.
*I refuse to celebrate them, so to me, they are "celebrities".