Mustang Parts
   Carrying Saleen wheels and Bullitt wheels.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Bentley At Einstein's

This morning I stopped in at Einstein's for a $1 refill (bring your own mug), and I noticed a Bentley Continental had parked nearby, with Ontario plates.  I guess I didn't realize that there would be Canadians rich enough to flaunt a Bentley, but there isn't any reason to think there aren't.  Inside, it was immediately obvious who the driver was.  A trim, tanned woman, wearing workout shorts and a hoodie stood in line in front of me. She had chunky gold jewelry on her fingers, and a large designer purse.  From her face, you might think she was about 30, but from the less smooth skin on her hands, it was clear she was closer to 40.  The tag on her jacket was poking straight up from the back of her neck.

"You're tag is showing.", I told her.  I admit, I got a little rise out of correcting someone who was so obviously concerned about appearances and social status. 

I don't hate the rich.  Some of the most charitable people I know are rich.  But if you tool around in a Bentley, and flaunt gold and fancy purses, in a place like Metro Detroit where thousands of people are losing their jobs, you can go to hell.  At least have the decency to drive your au pair's Malibu or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "The Bentley At Einstein's" to our Directory of Car Insurance . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

carinsuran-ce.info Team

http://www.carinsuran-ce.info