Mustang Parts
   Carrying Saleen wheels and Bullitt wheels.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Michigan Speeding Warning

Update: Yep, a hoax. I should have tried Google, as suggested. Here it is from the MSP directly.

I got this email forwarded to me, one of those friend-of-a-friend chains that goes through a hundred people and winds up in your inbox. I don't know if it is reliable, so take it for what it is worth. If anyone can comment on the truthfulness of this chain mail, please comment.

Subject: Heads Up in Michigan.

Heads Up, In February, Michigan will launch a 30-day speeding ticket
frenzy.

The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in
speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime.

There will be 50 state troopers on duty 24/7 patrolling the
following highways AND MORE!

I-75 North and South
I-94 From Ann Arbor to Port Huron
Entire length of I-96 & I-696
I-275 North and South
M-10 Lodge Fwy


Now, 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket, and every state
trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10
minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria
cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time.


* Wear your seat belt,
* have nothing hanging from the rear view mirror,
* do the speed limit - use cruise control if you have it,
* no cracks in your windshield,
* and use your turn signals!

2 comments:

Brian Vermette said...

Read this http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_mi_speeding_ticket_frenzy.htm

Using the Google search engine, I found that this email is false (scam), it was also send out in for other states including Tennessee, and NJ, interesting.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

I pretty much assume any chain mail I get to be false