Mustang Parts
   Carrying Saleen wheels and Bullitt wheels.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Ward's 10 Best Engines

Ward's has published their list of the 10 best engines (article here). They have given extra weight to efficiency, I think, considering the overall small displacement (average 2.73L) and large number of diesels, turbos, and hybrids on the list.

7 companies made the list, VW, BMW, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Subaru, and Toyota. Some big names are missing--nothing from Nissan or Honda here. No Mercedes. Chrysler's Phoenix didn't make it in time for this year's list, maybe Chrysler can make next year's? Maybe Fiat's Multi-air, next time?

This year's winners and the applications tested:

    • 2.0L TFSI Turbocharged DOHC I-4 (Audi A4)
    • 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 (Audi S4)
    • 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (BMW 335d)
    • 2.5L DOHC I-4 Hybrid (Ford Fusion Hybrid)
    • 3.5L EcoBoost Turbocharged DOHC V-6 (Ford Taurus SHO)
    • 2.4L Ecotec DOHC I-4 (Chevrolet Equinox)
    • 4.6L Tau DOHC V-8 (Hyundai Genesis)
    • 2.5L Turbocharged DOHC H-4 (Subaru Legacy 2.5GT)
    • 1.8L DOHC I-4 Hybrid (Toyota Prius)
    • 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only one I seriously question is the Subaru turbo, for its excessive thirst. Otherwise, an unsurprising list. Multiair is too new to make the list this year, most likely.