- Only one voucher per customer. You can't trade in 2 cars for 2 vouchers for 1 new car.
- Leases may be purchased with the voucher, however, the least must be for at least 5 years.
- Dealers can not charge extra fees such as administrative fees for the CARS program.
- Customers may have to pay sales taxes on the voucher amount, depending on state law.
- The CARS voucher is on top of other incentives from the manufacturer (dealers can't keep the manufacturer incentives back)
- The CARS voucher is in addition to other government programs, such as the hybrid vehicle credit.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Cash For Clunkers Details
In addition to the already released rules, some additional details have been posted by NHTSA at the www.cars.gov web site: