Mustang Parts
   Carrying Saleen wheels and Bullitt wheels.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Goodbye, Carbonite

I have been using Carbonite as my backup service for 2 years now, but I will not be renewing.  

Carbonite has an infuriating feature.  To save storage space on their end, they automatically de-select video files from your backup sets.  Which means that to backup family videos, you have to manually go and select video files every so often. 

I have had enough of this.

My subscription will run out soon, and I will switch to a different service.  So far, Mozy and Backblaze look the most promising.  Both are unlimited, cheap, and seem to get good reviews.

3 comments:

ChiliPepr said...

MozyHome works pretty well for me – on both Mac and PC. Their 2nd level support is good.

Use the following link to get 20% more space on a free MozyHome 2 Gb account:

https://mozy.com/?code=D685JF

Anonymous said...

Try Egnyte over Mozy and Carbonite. It's a great solution.

Abigael said...

Wow! This Blog is great. Just like Kim Clement. Kim Clement is an diverse and extemporaneous perspective has gained him notoriety that transcends culture, race and religion, placing him onto a world platform. He has performed at the Rose Bowl Stadium in California, Times Square in New York City, Mt. Carmel in Israel and even the steps of the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C.

Abigail