Mustang Parts
   Carrying Saleen wheels and Bullitt wheels.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Review: Kirkland Beer (Costco Beer)

At Costco the other day, I saw that they were selling Kirkland branded beer. Kirkland is Costco's store brand. It was reasonably priced for "real beer", about $18 for a case of 24.


Four flavors are included, one sixpack each: Hefeweizen, Pale Ale, German Lager, and Amber Ale.

I have tasted each flavor, and they all have similar characteristics. They have a solid hoppy taste, with nice color and a light to medium body. This is relatively light beer, not barley stew, but with a good hop hit.


The Hegeweizen was actually cloudy (see photo), which is sort of neat.


Overall, I would say this is a pretty good value for decent beer. I'm not sure it is as good as, say, Bell's, but I am not regretting the purchase.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Good review...I've seen Kirkland but never tried it. I will definitely go give it a shot. This should be a regular feature here...guy stuff!